Friday, June 13, 2008

Time for Reflection

When I decided to become Humanist Society of Scotland celebrant I thought it was important to get to know and become involved with the Society. I sit on the Board of Trustees and my main aim is to promote Humanism and our ceremonies, so I was delighted when the Presiding Officer of the Scottish Parliament invited me to lead the Time For Reflection slot, which happens at the beginning of Wednesday afternoon's business. This slot is open to people of all faiths and none to speak and as the last Humanist speaker was Nigel Bruce eight years ago, I really hope that we get invited back before 2016! You can view a video of my reflections on the HSS website.



If you squint you can just see me in this pic. The chamber looks huge on the tv but is very small in real life. I took along my proud mum!

No comments: