Saturday, March 17, 2012

Fun wedding readings: Edward Monkton

I've noticed a lot of couples asking for suggestions of fun readings for their wedding ceremony, which I'm all for! I find that when a couple choose a more lighthearted reading it can often be surprisingly moving and one author who captures this perfectly is Edward Monkton. For those of you who haven't heard of him, he also goes under the moniker of Purple Ronnie.

A Lovely Love Story is often used in my ceremonies but I recently discovered another story called Love Monkey. I think this reading is very appropriate for modern times: couples often get married slightly later on in life these days and the story reflects how our past experiences make us the person our ideal partner falls in love with.

Edward Monkton's charming little books are like children's stories for grown ups and their realistic but happy endings will definitely leave a tear in your eye.

1 comment:

Peter Wedlock said...

Thanks for sharing this book.

It's always refreshing to hear some light-hearted words on peoples wedding days.

I'll definitely be having a read of this book!